Dan Reiss is a partner in the firm of Pribish-Reiss LLP, where he focuses in the areas of business law, corporate matters, finance, real estate, land use and environmental law. He has helped numerous companies in varied industries both as inside general counsel and in private practice as an outside counsel. He currently serves as general counsel to Caliper Corp, an International Human Resources Management Consulting firm. He has also served in similar capacities in the areas of: new technology, information technology, international business, cosmeceuticals, real estate development, banking and finance.
Creating a partnership that developed a start-up technology company from the concept stage through prototype development, testing, patents, regulatory approval, adoption of appropriate regulatory legislation in the US and other countries, sale of rights to domestic and international licensees, private placement with Fortune 100 companies and an initial public offering
Obtaining international sales channels and regulatory approval for new cosmeceutical products company, including starting a base of operations in Russia
Serving as part of senior management team operating a successful real estate development company which built over a thousand homes and helping it create expand into finance, insurance and title insurance
Dan has been a speaker in the areas of technology and technology regulation in a number of conferences including: Texas, Washington D.C. and Beijing. He has also appeared on televised regulatory hearings in Ottawa and proceedings in a number of other countries.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION – SERVICES – MEMBERSHIPS – EDUCATION
Business plans, private placement memos, investor meetings.
IP protection strategies, IP litigation management, sales and marketing strategies, international transfer or distribution agreements, licensing of technology.
- Corporate Matters
- Board of Directors
- New Technology
- Real Estate, Finance, Insurance
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Federal District Court Bar
- Rutgers Law School, JD, 1979
- Editor-in-Chief, Rutgers Journal of Computers, Technology & the Law
- Rutgers College, BA, 1975, with Distinction
Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit, qui in ea voluptate velit esse, quam nihil molestiae.
HR Consulting/Labor: Currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors and General Counsel for Caliper Corporation. Caliper is a leading in providing human resource consulting services and personality assessment services for companies around the world. Caliper’s clients include some of the largest, most well respected companies in the world as well as small, but growing companies. Caliper has 12 international offices in addition to its headquarters in Princeton, NJ.
New Technology/International: Served as a Director and Counsel to Galleon Wireless, a provider of new microwave technology in Silicon Valley, California. Also served as general counsel and helped create CellularVision a company that pioneered broadband wireless technology. The company obtained the first license of its kind in New York. Mr. Reiss then developed partnerships and helped license the technology in other countries, including China, Russia, Brazil, Philippines, Norway and Canada. He helped the company obtain financing from a private placement with Verizon, Philips Electronics and JP Morgan and a subsequent initial public offering on NASDAQ.
- Cosmeceuticals: Served as general counsel for the Cosmederm and Ultrafem companies in San Diego, CA. These companies have developed new products in women’s health care. Projects included working with the World Health Organization for funding and testing or products.
- Real Estate, Finance and Insurance: Served as Vice President and General Counsel for the VS Hovnanian Group for almost 20 years, where he was part of the senior management group. This company was a major real estate development company in New Jersey that also included water and sewer utility franchises. Dan helped the company branch out into the areas of finance, title insurance, casualty insurance, cable television, low income housing tax credits and other related businesses.